Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Works in progress

 The Ranch
This was inspired by a visit to a friends property in Mendocino County. We were walking up the road to the vineyards above when I turned and spied this view. I'm using this an Alla Prima exercise and challenging myself to load the brush and place only a single stroke in the right place.





____________________________________________

Overpass
I was eating lunch one day in a carpark are just outside my work in Hercules and I looked up... I just had to take this picture and paint it. I really like the lighting and shadows shapes. This just started out as an exercise but I'm kind of liking where it's starting to head. A little more work to be done on this one.







____________________________________________

The Girl
I really was drawn to the luminous quality of this models skin.I'm very inspired by Jeremy Lipkings work and I'm using this as another exercise in subtle shaping and tonality.I still need to finish the flower. Another inspiring site is www.waterhousegallery.com






____________________________________________

No comments: