Sunday, May 16, 2010

Corona Road in Petaluma



Well I'm having a blast with the small canvases! This was a shot I took towards the end of the day on my commute home. I pass by this serpentine road everyday on my way to and from work and I've always wanted to stop and take some pictures. Well I finally did and I think I'll be going back there again because the place is full of some great views. I'll have to thank Terry Miura for the inspiration on this one. His small road paintings really captured my interest. I think I'm finally getting a handle on values and painting intentionally. I limited my palette and that has made all the difference. Two palettes diverged in a wood and I choose the one with less color and that has made all the difference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey this is great, Tom! It's got a really nice mood to it, which makes it more than just a depiction of a scene. I'm glad you're hooked!

Don't know where I'll be painting in Sonoma this week, but if you can, come out to the town plaza on Saturday and check out the paintings!